That big bootie is good for something! Brooklyn has been quite fussy when I take her shopping if I leave her in her car seat. So... I have been letting her ride in the cart if it is not too cold out (because I hate having to bundle her up). But this is what happens...good thing that bootie is big enough to keep her from slipping through the leg holes!

So I received one of those shopping cart covers at a baby shower. Well Justin and I tried out the one we got and were so not in love with it and we didn't like having to lug it around. So...here's what happens! If she's happy and I can get through my grocery shopping without a fussy baby I will let her gnaw on it as much as her little heart desires. Good thing I'm not much of a germ freak (I do try and wipe it with a baby wipe sometimes though)! I just think that those rubber baby teethers can't compare to the cold hard bars of a shopping cart :)

Looks like someone is holding on for dear life. Oh, and the last time we were at Meijer I noticed a huge arrow pointing down a check out lane that said, "Family Friendly: No candy or toys." I had never seen that before and thought it was funny. I wonder if it helps reduce tantrums spurred by all those temptations in the check out lane? I guess I'll probably find out soon enough one day!


Looks like someone is holding on for dear life. Oh, and the last time we were at Meijer I noticed a huge arrow pointing down a check out lane that said, "Family Friendly: No candy or toys." I had never seen that before and thought it was funny. I wonder if it helps reduce tantrums spurred by all those temptations in the check out lane? I guess I'll probably find out soon enough one day!


8 comments:
She's such a cutie! Isn't it funny how us moms take pictures of everything? The first time Bree sat in the cart by herself I had to wip out the cell phone and take a few pictures:)
I love that you have your camera with you at the grocery store to take pictures! :) Only a mom would do that. :)
The family friendly line is genious, pure gemious!
I saw an Oprah or some other show one time about how dirty grocery store carts are...like they found poop and stuff on them! Yuck! I would for sure bring the lysol wipes to the store with me if you're letting Brooklyn chew on it. You'd hate for her to get the yucky hands, feet and mouth desease....it's not pretty!
I was jsut about to leave the saem comment Andrea did. The carts are worse than the toilet seats. They can get really sick from the carts. Mouth sores arn't pretty or fun! You would hate to see her cute little face with sores. Just F.Y.I.
Ok-I need to go to the grocery store with you. I am there multiple times a week and I swear I have never seen a family friendly line. I will be looking for sure the next time I go!
Thanks for all of the useful info guys! I do clean the cart before I let Brooklyn go to town on it but I didn't realize they were so gross. So thanks for letting me know! So please tell me, just how do you keep your child entertained while grocery shopping? This seemed to be all she wanted to do...any ideas are appreciated!
The only trick is Dum Dum suckers!!! It keeps their mouth busy so they don't suck on the cart. I can't count how many bags I've gone through in the past 4 years. I know you might not want to start your nine month old on suckers but it's a great trick!
Post a Comment