Home

Thursday, April 17, 2008

Happy Birthday

What our family looked like in 2003 when it all began....

Then in the summer of 2006...


we were blessed with a little something sweet growing inside my belly.


Then at 2:41 am one year ago this little sweetheart entered the world. and it's never been the same since. everything changed. for the better.


now we look like this...


1 year has passed. happy 1st birthday brooklyn! i never thought someone so tiny and precious and innocent could evoke so much emotion and love within myself. for now she's my one and only and like all first time mother's feel, I can't imagine loving another as much as her. i know i will when the time comes but for now i can't comprehend it. the last year has been full of prayers, smiles, laughs, cries, lullabies, sleepless nights, poops, bumps, milestones, adventures and pure joy. mothering is hard but oh so worth it. my little bundle of joy has turned into a curious, on the move, smart, determined, exciting, laughing, laid back, content, cute, and loving 1 year old. this year has gone by so fast and i hope i've done all i can to cherish everything we've experienced but i'm oh so excited for all of life's adventures we have to experience with our baby in all the years to come.

1 week
(all of the pictures in between april and august are on our other computer)

august
september
october
november
december
january
february
march
april
I love you Brooklyn! Happy First Birthday !!!

15 comments:

Our Family Adventures said...

HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY MISS BROOKLYN!!!!!

Bethanne said...

YEA! :) Happy Birthday! She is so beautiful and we would sing, but even via blog you will probably hear how well THAT sounds. hahahahaha. It is funny because she seems to have the same classic look in all the pictures until her April picture...which to me, looks very different. Very grown up. Not quite a baby anymore. They grow up so fast, don't they!

Kathryn Cooper said...

Happy Birthday Brooklyn. She just keeps getting cuter and cuter.

Aubrey said...

Happy Birthday Brooklyn!

Jennifer said...

Yeeaaa! Happy Birthday Brooklyn!!

Mrs. Olsen said...

Happy Birthday Brooklyn! There are a couple of pictures in there you should submit to my friend's crazy hair contest. http://www.nellysdesign.blogspot.com/ You get a free beanie if you win, and that one picture of her with her There's Something About Mary hair just might take the prize! :)

Unknown said...

What a sweet post. I love the pictures. She is such a pretty little 1 year old! (I can't believe it's been a whole year!)

Kristin Hanson said...

Happy Birthday! I adore all the headband/bows. On a side note - today is my sister's birthday, too.

Young Family said...

I can't wait to see pictures of her eting her cake. I hope you had a fun day.

Megan said...

Happy birthday Brooklyn! And congrats Erica for one year of motherhood under your belt!

Kika VilaNova said...

OMG, that was SO BEAUTIFUL!! I think Brooklyn with LOVE to read all this when she grows up and especially when she becomes a mom!

Happy Birthday to her, and congratulations to YOU for such a sweet child! :)

hugs!

Company EIGHT said...

Happy Birthday cute girl!! :)

kenders said...

Wow!It's been a year already! Crazy. Happy Birthday!

whitney said...

Happy Birthday Brooklyn! She's just gorgeous w/her cute chubby cheeks and pretty eyes. I LOVE the flower headband-I'm a big fan of them too.

EatRunWorkPlay said...

Happy birthday! Time does fly when their little, so make sure to make every moment count! You'll never get those days back!