
This weekend we celebrated Brooklyn's first birthday. These are the invitations we sent out. We kind of had a flower theme going on. My entire family came up for the day and almost all of Justin's family were able to come for the whole weekend. We love being with family and had a wonderful day and weekend celebrating!
We had lots of yummy food and delicious cake. I was nervous we wouldn't have enough cake so I ended up making 2 double layer cakes, Brooklyn's smasher cake, and some chocolate cupcakes. Let's just say we had lots of leftovers!


Brooklyn was quite dainty with her cake. We stripped her down and put the cake in front of her to have at it. She enjoyed eating it so much she would just dip her finger in and lick it and repeat that over and over again. Not a huge mess like I wanted but she sure did enjoy it!


After cake and ice cream we opened presents. Let's just say Brooklyn is quite spoiled!!! She got tons of new toys and clothes and has been having a ball enjoying all of them!
One of her favorite new toys is a little dog that blows out bubbles.

She also got a new swing for outside on our playset. Although she really doesn't like it too much yet. Hopefully she'll come around someday soon.
She loves this fun little fridge phonics toy and takes it off the fridge and carries it around the house with her. Let's just say because of how often I hear her pressing the little red button that if this girl doesn't know all of her ABCs sometime real soon I'll be totally shocked.

Having fun playing with the plethora of presents from all of our family.Brooklyn loved having all of her family here visiting. She had so many playmates to run around with her all weekend. Now it's back to boring old mom all day long!

Brooklyn's getting pretty good at showing how old she is when you ask her.
Everyone was quite tuckered out by the end of the weekend.
And a finally the thank you cards and favors we made for her party.

This was all totally up my alley. Of course I had a blast making cards, baking, decorating, etc. We had a wonderful weekend and only hope that each birthday can be this special and fun!

16 comments:
All of that is so cute, the invites, the thank you's the favors...can I hire you? JC turns 3 next month! Happy Birthday Brooklyn!
I am impressed! You went al out. But of course you did. I have always been amazed by all you do. I won't tell Hayden or he might get jealous. J/K I think Hayden had a great birthday too. I definately think the first birthday is for the parents not the babies.
Happy 1st Birthday! Looks like you all had a lot of fun. Everything looked so great!
So cute and fun! What a great flower theme...you are GOOD! That kind of stuff is so fun, but it had to take you forever, right?!
Smart girl too, BTW. :) Apple doesn't fall far from the tree, eh.
I've been waiting for this post!! It looked great! Hard to believe Brooklyn's one, huh?!?! We miss you guys! Too bad we couldn't celebrate together.
Happy Birthday! I love the picture of her showing how old she is in her high chair. This looks like such a cute party!
Everyhting looks so cute..the cakes, invites, thank you's...you really did a great job! What a fun weekend with family.
It looks like such a cute party! I am so glad so many of your family could be there! Yeah!
You should go into business. Everything turned out so cute for the party. (I especially love your cake!) It looks like you guys had a wonderful time. Happy 1st birthday to you Brooklyn!
Those cakes look so yummy - making me hungry!
Happy Birthday Brooklyn!! Erica, the cakes & decorations are so creative, you did a great job!
Happy Bday to her!
That sounds like an awesome party! And the cakes... look SO GOOD!! :)
hugs to you all and hope you're having a great week playing with her and her new toys :)
Adorable! Hi- this is Sharla Palmer from Freedom- sorry but I saw your blog from Jessica's and wanted to say HI- I read your tag- and we definitely have lots in common :) Your little gal is darling! Our family blog is private-so email me and I'll send you an invite-sharla.palmer@gmail.com hope you are doing well! you look fabulous-as always.
LOVE everything you did Erica! Cute theme, and fun party!
You always have such a fun flair to everything you do! It all looks wonderful. And I just love that adorable picture of Brooklyn holding up her finger in her highchair looking at the camera! I think she looks so much like Justin there.
Happy Birthday Brooklyn!! Erica- your cards and cake turned out adorable, isn't Brooklyn lucky to have such a creative mommy!
Post a Comment