Home

Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Decorating Drama

Decorating an entire house is a loooooooooooooong but very exciting job. I only wish I had a few million dollars (well maybe not quite that much!) but lots of money to buy EVERYTHING I want RIGHT NOW. But we don't, so instead I'm being patient. Each month we have money that goes towards our "home" budget. This month I finally decided to buy this iron rod from Rod Works I have been eying forever (because they were having FREE shipping last week) !


So listen to what happened. I've been looking at it online and have seen it in person (what a great decorator you are Andrea! ) and finally saw they had free shipping last week. So I himmed and I hawed all Monday morning (last Monday) about whether I should buy it and finally decided I would wait until Justin got home from work to make sure he thought I should buy it. Well of course he said yes and when I got online it was on BACKORDER! Then Tuesday they had a similar one online (but not the EXACT same one as before) so I called and they got rid of the other one! I was really sad :( but after debating it forever I decided to try out the new one anyways and hopefully it will look as cute in my house as this one does online! Here's the new one! Then...I found this beauty at Marshalls. Well, if anyone knows Marshalls you know that you never know what you are going to find there because they never carry the same stuff! So of course, I could only find 1 picture frame, not the three I needed. So I bought it anyways with the hope that they just might get some more in. In the meantime I looked online to try and order it but couldn't. So it just so happens my family is in Florida this week and my mom just so happened to be at a Marshalls down there and checked for me. Nope - at least not the right size I wanted. Then Justin and I decided to go to Pittsburgh this weekend for our nephew's first birthday and while we were down there we checked the Marshalls in the town where my husband grew up. No luck again. I was getting kind of sad because I haven't found a frame that I really liked all too much for this room and so I really had high hopes of being able to use this one. Then...we went to Pittsburgh on Saturday and checked the Marshalls there...and guess what? They had it! Only one - but the one I needed. Right down the street was a TJMaxx and so I quickly stopped in there and guess what?!? They had one. ONLY one. But nonetheless, what I needed. I am one pretty lucky girl.

So 3 states and 5 stores later...I finally have this month's decorating project. Now I'm just hoping and praying that it all looks good together ;) (I'll have to post some pics of the finished project later this week) !

5 comments:

Mrs. Olsen said...

You sure are diligent! I think it all looks cute and I'm interested in the finished product!

Bethanne said...

YEA! Please post it because I love ideas...and I am just like you. I have most of my house planned out if only I had the money to make it all work right now! Oh, well. Little by little. I love ideas though, so bring it on sista'! :)

And good for you to hold on with the hope of finding the same frame again!

Carn Family said...

Everything looks so cute. You are one determined shopper, I am glad your search paid off!

Aubrey said...

What a dedicated home decorator you are. Looks like it will be a great finished project. I can't wait to see pictures of the final outcome!

Company EIGHT said...

Love it Erica--so cute, and you can't beat free shipping! I can't wait to see it on your wall!