Home

Friday, December 3, 2010

am i crazy or what


One of my many purchases this past weekend were a new pair of these -


Why? Because yesterday I signed up to run this...


Yes. You read that correctly. It said marathon. I officially think I just might be crazy and have absolutely no clue what the heck I'm getting myself into. All I know is that I trained for a 1/2 and did a half and now I'm going to train for a full and in May I hope to be crossing this finish line arm in arm (and hopefully still jogging) with one of my very best friends after running 26.2 miles together.

It will be emotional and gratifying and one truly amazing experience. And know matter how long it takes me - you better believe I will be wearing this thing around my neck for weeks afterward (probably while someone pushes me around in a wheelchair!)

Any advice and tips are greatly appreciated from you experienced ones out there!

8 comments:

Mrs. Olsen said...

Fun! I mean, hard and painful, but fun!

Company EIGHT said...

I'm glad I have YOU with me! Couldn't do it any other way. :) You're going to be awesome!

Carn Family said...

I am not experienced but you are going to do great. You are so inspiring and I am so proud of you for even thinking of trying something so difficult. I can't wait to hear all about it!

whitney said...

WOW!!! good luck with the training and everything!

Julie Baldwin said...

Call me crazy too. I am going to run the Top of Utah this next September. That should give me enough time to train because I can't start running again until January.
Good luck! Running is the best!!!!!

Bethanne said...

Good luck. That's awesome!

BTW, can you send me your address please? bethanne_kanzler@yahoo.com. Thanks bunches!

Stephanie Lowe said...

I'm so excited for you! I can't wait to see you girls cross that finish line!!!

Kristyn said...

i'm a little late on getting to my google reader, but wow! go erica! that is so cool. i was just thinking this morning how a marathon is definitely something i want to do in this lifetime! can't wait to hear more about it!