Home

Monday, December 6, 2010

thanksgiving

This Thanksgiving I hosted for the second year in a row. We were lucky enough to have my dad and quite a few of my husband's family members join us. We had a day full of playing football, watching football, eating yummy food, watching more football, and then eating even more yummy food. I think we were all surrounded and reminded of all we have to be thankful for.


Unfortunately I was too busy in the mix of preparing and then eating everything all day long that I forgot to get some pictures of the food. But here were the cute place settings this year. A pine cone tied off with ribbon and card stock that said...'we're thankful for...'

We were so grateful that family would travel from so far to spend the holiday's with us. I'm so sad that the day after Thanksgiving every single person (sans Justin, Brooklyn, and I) got the stomach flu and spent the majority of their remaining time sleeping or in the bathroom.


However we still got a lot of playing and laughing in. The girls loved having their only cousins here for the weekend to play with. Toys, dress-ups, and giggles were constantly found/heard all over the house!


And little Miss Addy took a special liking to uncle Jarrod (probably because mommy and daddy are tired sometimes of holding her non-stop) because his lap was always a welcome spot for her. If it was empty she never missed an opportunity to go climb in :)


Thanks everyone for coming and visiting us and we can't wait to be together again!

4 comments:

Company EIGHT said...

What a fun weekend, minus the sickness of course. I'm so glad they could come join you for the holiday!

Carn Family said...

So sorry you were all sick...we know the feeling :) It looks like the kids still managed to have a great time.

whitney said...

LOVE the place settings. So simple and cute!

yay! for family around and lots of yummy food to eat. Knowing you I'm sure it was delicious *and* beautiful ;)

Mindy said...

Glad everything turned out! Looks like you had fun in spite of all the sickness!