This time of year is a favorite of mine for so many reasons. Not only do I look forward to the spirit that is felt amongst so many during this Christmas time and how it causes everyone to be more thoughtful and loving but I also look forward to talking more about Christ and His birth and what a blessing it is for us to have a Savior. I look forward to making treats and giving gifts to those we love.
I look forward to talking about and seeing Santa and all the magic that comes with Christmas Eve and Christmas morning. I also look forward to the first snow and making snow angels.
I look forward to snuggling inside in our pajamas all day long drinking hot chocolate with lots of baby marshmallows.
But most of all I look forward to all the fun traditions our new little family is starting and continuing. Like going to the largest Christmas store and picking out ornaments, driving and seeing Christmas lights, going to Santa's house, watching and acting out the nativity, reading Christmas stories, having an advent calendar, etc. Some are new, some we do once, some we have taken from our families, and some we have entirely started on our own. I just hope that our family can look back on this time of year with fond memories of all the time we spent together celebrating what matters most - each other.
Tuesday, December 21, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Christmas traditions are just about the best things in the world! I am sure your kiddos will look back at all the time you spend together as a family at this time of year fondly.
I'm with you--Christmas traditions are the best!!
i love christmas traditions. Merry Christmas you guys!!!
Post a Comment