Okay...Okay...I know I'm almost a month late on this post but better late than never - right?
I come from a long line of shoppers. I'd say it's probably my grandma's number one hobby. She's loves finding a good deal and often comes home with lots of things not for herself but with things she found that were just perfect to give to someone. You will never go to her house without coming home with something (dress-ups, baby dolls, pans, nightgowns, etc.). My mom in turn is following in her footsteps and loves garage sales and good deals as well. I too, have found myself following in the tradition of those that have come before me. I love browsing even if I don't come home with anything, I often by multiples of things when they're a really good deal (velour sweatsuits ;) but I also have a budget and try to stick to it faithfully throughout the year.

Except for this one day...Black Friday. I started going out on the biggest shopping day of the year when my best friend Jaclyn and I headed out one year in college to get some great gifts for our hubbies. Since then this tradition has found it's way into my planning every year.
This year Toys 'R' Us was open on Thanksgiving Day. We thought - great - we'll go there then go to bed and wake up early on Friday to do the rest of the shopping. HaHaHa. Little did we know what Toys 'R' Us was going to look like and that after arriving there at 10pm on Thursday we did not check out till after 3am Friday morning. So...on we were with the rest of our shopping. We had a blast driving from store to store getting amazing deals and finally our all-nighter was finally completed after a full 12 hours of shopping!!!

We were crazy. We know. And if you're not sure just look at our car. But there is a nice peaceful feeling coming home that day knowing all of my shopping was done for Christmas and that if there was anything I purchased that I later decided I really didn't want - it could always be returned!
So although I was utterly exhausted from this eventful day/night - I honestly can say I think I'd do it again :)
I come from a long line of shoppers. I'd say it's probably my grandma's number one hobby. She's loves finding a good deal and often comes home with lots of things not for herself but with things she found that were just perfect to give to someone. You will never go to her house without coming home with something (dress-ups, baby dolls, pans, nightgowns, etc.). My mom in turn is following in her footsteps and loves garage sales and good deals as well. I too, have found myself following in the tradition of those that have come before me. I love browsing even if I don't come home with anything, I often by multiples of things when they're a really good deal (velour sweatsuits ;) but I also have a budget and try to stick to it faithfully throughout the year.
Except for this one day...Black Friday. I started going out on the biggest shopping day of the year when my best friend Jaclyn and I headed out one year in college to get some great gifts for our hubbies. Since then this tradition has found it's way into my planning every year.
This year Toys 'R' Us was open on Thanksgiving Day. We thought - great - we'll go there then go to bed and wake up early on Friday to do the rest of the shopping. HaHaHa. Little did we know what Toys 'R' Us was going to look like and that after arriving there at 10pm on Thursday we did not check out till after 3am Friday morning. So...on we were with the rest of our shopping. We had a blast driving from store to store getting amazing deals and finally our all-nighter was finally completed after a full 12 hours of shopping!!!
We were crazy. We know. And if you're not sure just look at our car. But there is a nice peaceful feeling coming home that day knowing all of my shopping was done for Christmas and that if there was anything I purchased that I later decided I really didn't want - it could always be returned!

3 comments:
LOVE IT!!! I guess it was a good thing I was sick, you may have had to strap me to the roof if I had come.
I wish I was there! I don't think there would have been room for me in the car, though. :)
You made a haul! yay! for having all of your shopping done early!
Post a Comment