
Well Brooklyn still isn't quite there yet...however in the past month she sure has begun trying hard. She has gotten down that she has to lift her booty up off the ground in order to get somewhere but the rest still hasn't come yet. I need to get on top of that baby proofing before she really makes a run for it!


So fall is absolutely beautiful here. I love driving and seeing all of the different colors of leaves. All of which have managed to make their way onto our lawn. So today I decided I could use a little more of an upper body workout and since Brooklyn loves being outside I bundled her up and we went outside to rake the leaves.

What mother would not take advantage of getting such a cute photo opportunity? However, while I was taking the pictures, Brooklyn was still trying to figure out where she was and why all sorts of things were poking in her ears and everywhere else. So...although she didn't mind being on top of or in the middle of a pile of leaves, she really didn't feel like smiling. Oh well, she looks cute anyways.

Here is Brooklyn sitting in her stroller watching me rake. She absolutely loved being outside and was laughing and smiling for the entire hour that I raked. She loved it! Here is our lawn before...

Here is our lawn after. (If you look closely in the right side of the picture you can tell where I stopped raking). After an hour of raking (while I watched 2 of our neighbors use their leaf blowers) I decided it was time to take my red-nosed baby inside. So, not perfect but at least you can see our grass now. Next year we are definitely going to invest in a leaf blower.
6 comments:
what a cute picture...putting brooklyn in the leaves like that! also, your house is super cute!
Can I tell you that your house looks GIGANTIC compared to what we have been looking at in the Phoenix market for when we move there next year. That is so depressing. The houses look way crappier in Az and cost, well, I don't know how much Midland is, but I know we couldn't afford that size. Anyway, raking leaves is a workout, so there ya go for getting in some exercise.
I gotta tell you guys again, I know you have heard it before. You have the best, most even tempered baby in the world. She is so easy going, go with the flow kind of kid. I don't know if you realize how lucky you are! The next one is bound to be at least a little more challenging! Or maybe you are both so easy going yourself that all your kids will be mellow!
Lucky you for having fall! I love, love, love the leaves pictures of Brooklyn!
Good raking! Come borrow our leaf blower next time :)
I love your house so much. You should take pictures inside the house too:) I'm sure the decoration is adorable too.:)
Post a Comment