
Doesn't she look precious taking a much needed nap? How does one make it through teething? I have the most amazing baby who has slept through the night since she was 7 weeks old. I know, I've been very lucky thus far. However, the past three days she has begun waking up at about oh 2 or 4 in the morning. I hear her across the hall and walk in to her bedroom only to find a wide-eyed beauty staring back at me like she's ready to play and be up for the day. So...I feed her and she does go back to bed (thankfully). But I can't say I'm exactly thrilled to have to wake up at these times of the morning anymore. (I now understand and feel for those mothers whose babies still continue to wake up throughout the night their entire frist year of life - which my mother continues to remind me that I was one of those babies and that I have it extremely easy :) - How does one get through it? I just pray that this is because of teething - which I do think she is going through - and in time it will fade away and return to normal. Until then I guess I'll wake up at 8 o'clock to a bright and shiny smile from my baby and feel really guilty that I was not so pleased to see her just a few hours back. So in the meantime I will try to have a better attitude about having to wake up in the middle of the night and try to cherish this little bit of extra time I have to hold, rock, and snuggle my baby (even if it is in the middle of the night) because all the mothers out there can testify that they grow up way too fast!

1 comment:
:) Just be so grateful you are able to stay home and take a nap if necessary. My children are now 7 and 4. At least one of them still wakes up at least once a week. Last night it was Nicole at 4 am. I don't know when it will go away. Bad dreams, need to go to the bathroom, it's always something.
Post a Comment