Before I had kids i used to see people with these things and think, "uh, I'm NEVER going to do that to my child."Oh how you change once you have a little rascal of your own.
After listening and dealing with multiple tantrums because she wants to walk by herself, lots of refusing to hold my hand, and several running into the street incidents -
One of these just might not be such a bad idea.
So don't make fun of me if you see Brooklyn sporting one of these sometime soon. For only 10 bucks at Target it just might be worth a shot!

15 comments:
That has been my thought process exactly! lol
Belize has this and she loves it, we call it her Monkey backpack. I'm glad we got it b/f the new baby cause its going to get harder and harder to run after her.
Omigosh, I would totally get one for Jackson except that Dan refuses to "let me put a leash on our child!" I would do it in a heartbeat though if it was only up to me.
Plus, that one is totally cute. :)
I didn't know they made them so cute! I can see little Brooklyn now wearing her monkey backpack and holding her little purse...adorable AND safe :)!
I actually think these are cute and am thinking about including one on my baby registry :)
hugs!
I agree. Totally worth it.
Not just worth a shot, it's worth every penny! Carolyn loves her monkey. My only suggestion would be to get the dog. I can't count how often people have commented that she has a monkey on her back. Not funny after 14 months.
My mom bought one for my niece (they love it) and said she was getting one for Hayden. I told her not to bother because I will not be putting my child on a leash. They are getting cuter than they used to be but I still refuse to have one.
Is Mrs. Olsen Rachael that we taught with?
I have 3 kids now and all boys and still don't like those things! But if it works for you then...awesome! I still see people with them and think, this is your child you are walking!!! They look kinda funny to me.
I am all for it. I have always wished more people used them because I think it is a great idea. I personally never used one but you should start and maybe others will follow :)
I THINK YOU GUYS ARE THE WORST PARENTS EVER!!! HAHA! JK! We don't like them for Joshua. We just chase him down and try to win the battle of stubbornness over having to hold one of our hands while walking...and we're winning so far!
He would probably throw a HUGE tantrum if we made him wear a backpack bc he doesn't like to feel constricted. You should see us try to put a hat on him in the sun! Whatever works, though! You know your kid better than anyone else.
no laughing here! I just wish they made a twin version, lol!
I remember the days of little ones jotting out and away from safety. Even though my guys aren't all that big they grow out of it luckily.
While I haven't done one yet, I can totally see why people do. It seems that when it comes to the "kid leash", haters are usually childless :P
Post a Comment