Home

Saturday, January 5, 2008

Another project completed! Yahoo !!!

So just what do I do during the day when the groceries are bought, the cleaning is done (or maybe I just don't feel like doing it), and Brooklyn is napping? Here it is. I always manage to find some type of decorating or craft to consume my time.

This summer my parents brought up this toy box that they had had for Brooklyn. Although it was pretty as is, it didn't match the decor in Brooklyn's room, so of course I had to make it match :) I just love this kind of thing! I sanded and painted it a couple of months ago but then I painted what I thought would be this cute stripe design on the front - oh boy - I was wrong. I hated it and therefore had to redo it. I had seen what my friend Melissa had done with Mod-Podge (thanks Melissa!) and so I decided to give it a shot. I picked out some cute paper and redid the front of the toy box.

Now I'm a happy camper and in love (well I think I'm gonna paint the the letters a little brighter white) with the way it turned out (and I better be because Justin informed me I'm not doing anything else to her room unless it's free :) So here's a little glimpse at just one of the things that consumes my time.

Before
After

I think she likes it :)

9 comments:

Aubrey said...

That is so adorable! You did a great job. You are so talented. That cute baby in front of the trunk makes it look even better! :)

Shauna said...

Dang Martha! Did you just use scrapbook paper? I will have to put that idea in my back pocket so I can bust it out when Belize gets something wooden I can decorate. :)

Carn Family said...

How cute! I love doing projects like that. I am sure she will love it for years to come.

whitney said...

Oh. My. Heck. You are so friggin' talented! I'm so impressed! You did such a fabulous job! I'm just so impressed that I can't stop using exclamation points to show my enthusiasm!!! I'll definitely have to try that sometime.

Our Family Adventures said...

TOTALLY CUTE!!!

Megan said...

Wow, it turned out adorable! I wish I was so creative:)

Company EIGHT said...

It's darling! I love doing projects like that too, and I actually have 2 chests like that in storage I'm itching to re-do. How fun!

Mrs. Olsen said...

Cute!

The Villarreal's said...

Erica! You did that all by yourself! Oh my gosh that looks so much better that before! You are so crafty! And it matches Brooklyn's room great! Can't wait to see you.

~Emily