Home

Monday, January 14, 2008

My funny little pumpkin...

My little sweetie has been loving her new found freedom now that she's been moving along everywhere. Her army crawl, or scooting, or whatever you call it has taken her to new places and although we have begun baby proofing she still seems to find lots of new things to get into and play with. Here she is helping mommy color! She came in very handy as I searched for different colors of markers to use! (Luckily, she has no idea how to get the caps off yet :) - I think she may be an artist someday :) )

CAUGHT YA!
Everyone who knows Brooklyn can testify that she's a pretty content baby. Well the other day she was so content to just lay on the floor but both Justin and I wanted her to practice scooting so that eventually it will turn in to a real crawl. We kept trying to entice her with a million different toys. Until...we found what would motivate our little babe to move across the carpet. Justin was eating a brownie and as soon as Brooklyn realized what he had, she wanted some. (Like mother like daughter). Well, it worked. Once we let her have a little taste she would scoot anywhere to get it :) When I told my mom this story she said, "she's definitely got our genes." So true, so true :)

9 comments:

Our Family Adventures said...

How Funny!!! I won't tell Spencer or Nicole, I can only imagine how much fun they would have with that!!!

Allison said...

How cute! She looks so much like Justin. I've never noticve it before but wow! I can see it now that she's getting older. What a fun story about her and the brownie! I'd crawl anywhere for a brownie too! LOL

Company EIGHT said...

That's so cute!! I should have tried that too, since the sugar genes run pretty thick on our family as well!

Aubrey said...

She's a smart girl! :)

Shauna said...

How is it that babies know so early in life what tastes good? She's just a sweetiepie!

Carn Family said...

What a smart little girl. Just carry a brownie around with you for the rest of your life and you should get her to do just about anything!

Jennifer said...

Very cute! That's funny that she wouldn't come to you for a toy but she would for a brownie! Yummy! By the way...did you get that background from Kristyn's site?? It's super cute. I wanna change mine too.

whitney said...

If I do cool tricks, can I get a brownie too? It's funny how quick babies pick up on things.

Brian and Kandace said...

It's good to here from you. Brooklyn is so cute! And she has good taste! I can't believe how big she is.