Home

Tuesday, January 1, 2008

My Year in Review

A look back at 2007
December/January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007August 2007


September 2007

October 2007

November 2007

December 2007


Happy New Year! With every new year everyone is reflecting upon the past year. When I turned on the TV either yesterday or today and it seemed like everything was a countdown of the years greatest or worst or whatever (today it was the years best celebrity slim downs - I'm no celebrity but maybe this year I'll be part of that list :) This year for us has got to be the most drastic life changing period of our lives - yet most blessed thus far.

~ This year...we welcomed our little miracle! I never realized how much love can come for and from such a small human being. Brooklyn has truly changed our lives. I simply watch her play or sleep or laugh or whatever and can't help but smile because of all the feelings that rush into me for her. How come I got so lucky to be her mom? I can't imagine our life without her being a part. The fussiness seems like nothing when I see her smile, the poop seems like nothing when shes laughing and giggling the whole time, the wakeful nights seem like nothing when she gently traces her tiny fingers on my chest while I'm rocking her. Everything hard about being a mother all fades away with one glance at the little spirit that has filled our lives with so many things since she has been born. I feel so lucky to have been entrusted with her and what a blessing it is to be her mommy!



~ This year...I left a teaching career to begin a different job that has proved to be much more fulfilling. I didn't know what to expect or how I would do at this new job. I loved teaching and had so much fun during the years I did it but what I do now, for me, is what I am supposed to be doing. I'm reaffirmed of that decision every day.



~ This year...my husband graduated! After spending the first four years of our marriage in college studying and taking tests and all of that other stuff, Justin graduated. He put in lots of time and effort and it all paid off when he finally received that diploma in chemical engineering that he'd decided he wanted when he was 16. What a smarty pants - I am so proud of him :)

~ This year...we got a job! Yahoo!!! All the years we were in college I dreamed of the day I would get a job. Then I did. Then I dreamed of the day Justin would get a job. And he did! DOW could not be a better fit for us and we are so blessed that Justin has the opportunity to work for such a great company!

~ This year...we moved across the country. After living in Provo for 6 years I was so glad to move home. We loved Utah but nothing can beat living closer to family. Now we are only a pretty short drive away from both of our families and we love being able to see them much more now.

~ This year...we bought a house! Wow, this was a major purchase and big commitment but we love not renting and having a tiny apartment anymore. We are lucky that the economy here isn't so hot because we got quite the amount of space for the money. Yes we have to rake and shovel and water the grass and whatever else that comes along with owning a home and for now it's not quite all the way decorated or even have that much furniture - but it is all worth it!

~ This year...we started a blog!!! Ha, ha, ha. I love it. We get to share all of our special little moments - and everything else!!! I am so happy that I get to keep in touch and see a little into your lives everyday :)

Caption for the video - Brooklyn has been pooping an awfully lot lately. So this day when I changed her diaper I ran my hand across my forehead and said, "whoo - it's just a pee-pee." Brooklyn thought it was quite funny :)



So...this year has been quite the year for us. I don't know how many other life changing events can happen in such a short period of time. We truly have been blessed in all aspects of our lives and are so grateful for all we have been given. We're healthy and happy and there's not much more we could ask for. So in this new year that lies ahead of us I hope that we can continue to be thankful for what we have, cherish those around us, and continue to do the things that bring us the most happiness :) Happy New Year to all of you!

8 comments:

kenders said...

Sounds like you've had a great year!
Happy New Year!

Our Family Adventures said...

What a great post! That was fun to see glimpses of your last year :) Makes you wonder what 2008 will bring!!!

Shauna said...

That video touched the cockles of my heart, her little giggle is so contagious! Happy New Year Erica, may it be wonderful!

Unknown said...

so many great accomplishments! All in one year! A baby, a move! , a house! a job! Congratulations on a great year!

Kathryn Cooper said...

Great year! That video made me smile and giggle too. Happy New Year!

whitney said...

Wow, that's quite the year! I'm so excited for you guys-I can't even wait until we're all done w/school and buying a house. Brooklyn is just so adorable!

Company EIGHT said...

What a great year in review! This was quite the year for your family.
Isn't amazing what one year brings?

The Villarreal's said...

Brooklyn is laughing so much now! You have done so much in 2oo7! Love you ~Emily