Home

Sunday, January 27, 2008

I Recommend

I Recommend...

So one of my friend's Rachel posted on her blog all kinds of wonderful things she recommends. Then she ended it with, "What do you recommend..." I couldn't think of just one thing to recommend so I decided to do my own little (well maybe not so little) list of recommendations (thanks Rachel for giving me an idea as to what I can fill my blog up with because some of us aren't so talented with words like you are :) So here goes...

celebrating with friends. good food, good friends, good times.


moms club. An organization for moms. There is a branch right here in Midland so I joined and am loving it. They have playgroups, field trips, etc. - tons of stuff to keep us moms and kids busy and entertained during the day. They even have girls night, couples night, etc. www.momsclub.org

wallflowers. I just put a new one in last night and when we came home from church today the entire downstairs of our house smelled of spiced cider. yum.

this website. My friend Melissa shared it on her blog and I instantly fell in love with it. I tried the chewy white chocolate, chocolate cookies today and they were amazing. Good thing I made them to take to a church activity because if they had remained in my house I think I would have eaten every single one of them. I'm excited to try many more recipes from this blog, it's great. So for everyone who checks my blog but doesn't check my friend Melissa's, here it is: www.pickypalate.blogspot.com



taking videos. If anyone is like me, my memory is not the greatest sometimes. I always want to take videos but always forget. But when I look back on the ones we have I always say, "We should take videos more often." I love to look back at pictures and videos to help me remember all of Brooklyn's special moments and everything else we have experienced. Here are some of her special moments we've caught on tape lately. Once she hit 9 months last week she's overwhelmed us with all kinds of fun tricks. Some she has been doing for a little while but some she just learned and is still a novice at. Here she is scooting, clapping, feeding herself, turning pages, and waving. Every mother can empathize with how excited I am for these little tasks that may seem meaningless to others but for us they're little miracles each time we watch Brooklyn learn and discover something new.



5 comments:

Mrs. Olsen said...

Wow, she is really moving! I love her little grunt when she scoots. :)

Brian and Kandace said...

I love those wallflowers! My sister-in-law always uses one. I saw your scentsy tab too, do you have a fav scent? And I love the cup video. She's a girl on a mission. :)

Rachael said...

i feel so cool that i started a little movement here. i love reading what everyone has to recommend!

Megan said...

I checked out that picky palate website, and I'm hooked! Thanks for the suggestions!

Company EIGHT said...

Love reading other's recommendations---you have some great ones!