Just how does one reach the ripe old age of 25 in what seems like the blink of an eye? I definitely think after, oh about 23, I looked forward to my birthday but not the fact that I was once again one year older.
I have to admit that sometimes I do miss my childhood, growing up (which I guess I am still doing), and yes even high school a little (not middle school though). Yes, sometimes it makes me sad to think of memories I have and know that I will never relive them. However, everything I am experiencing now is just something else I'm going to look back on with fond memories as well. Each year definitely holds more exciting things to come and everything seems to just get better with time.
I told Justin last night that I thought today was going to be my best birthday ever. Now that the day is done, I can honestly say it was!
The day began with a lovely letter from my husband.
Then my friend's Melissa and Kierste said they were going to take me out to lunch. I looked forward to my afternoon with the girls. When we got to the restaurant I was surprised by 5 more friends! It was such a great surprise. We had a wonderful lunch together - I never knew the restaurant had so many high chairs :)
(Getting a YEE-HAW from everyone at Logan's! )

When my friend Kierste dropped me off at home I approached my front door to find it being opened by my husband. Justin had taken a 1/2 day off of work and surprised me! There were little love notes all over the front door telling me all of the things he loved about me.

I was so happy! Then I unwrapped my presents to find these cute cosmetic bags I had been wanting and a warm and cozy electric blanket to keep me warm on these freezing Michigan nights!

We then put Brooklyn down for a nap and spent the afternoon together. He had picked up a chick flick to watch together but once we started it we discovered it was rated R and therefore ended up watching last night's American Idol :)
Then...at 5:30 there was a knock on the door! A babysitter! Our very first one EVER!!! We headed out for our first date (other than going to the temple once when we left Brooklyn with my family)! We enjoyed a lovely dinner together to end the evening!

This was by far my most favorite birthday :) Thanks for everyone who left comments, called, planned, and made my day as special as it was!
I have to admit that sometimes I do miss my childhood, growing up (which I guess I am still doing), and yes even high school a little (not middle school though). Yes, sometimes it makes me sad to think of memories I have and know that I will never relive them. However, everything I am experiencing now is just something else I'm going to look back on with fond memories as well. Each year definitely holds more exciting things to come and everything seems to just get better with time.
I told Justin last night that I thought today was going to be my best birthday ever. Now that the day is done, I can honestly say it was!
The day began with a lovely letter from my husband.
Then my friend's Melissa and Kierste said they were going to take me out to lunch. I looked forward to my afternoon with the girls. When we got to the restaurant I was surprised by 5 more friends! It was such a great surprise. We had a wonderful lunch together - I never knew the restaurant had so many high chairs :)
(Getting a YEE-HAW from everyone at Logan's! )
When my friend Kierste dropped me off at home I approached my front door to find it being opened by my husband. Justin had taken a 1/2 day off of work and surprised me! There were little love notes all over the front door telling me all of the things he loved about me.

I was so happy! Then I unwrapped my presents to find these cute cosmetic bags I had been wanting and a warm and cozy electric blanket to keep me warm on these freezing Michigan nights!


We then put Brooklyn down for a nap and spent the afternoon together. He had picked up a chick flick to watch together but once we started it we discovered it was rated R and therefore ended up watching last night's American Idol :)
Then...at 5:30 there was a knock on the door! A babysitter! Our very first one EVER!!! We headed out for our first date (other than going to the temple once when we left Brooklyn with my family)! We enjoyed a lovely dinner together to end the evening!

This was by far my most favorite birthday :) Thanks for everyone who left comments, called, planned, and made my day as special as it was!

9 comments:
So much fun! Happy birthday! You look great!
When I told my husband Colt about how wonderful your birthday was he said, "thanks a lot Justin now we all have to live up to that!" I'm glad you had a great birthday. I'm going to have to do something special for Colt this year because he'll be 25. I'm turning 24 in a few months- nothing significant.
That sounds like such an awesome birthday! And you weren't at school for it. :) Yay! HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I sure miss you, especially in carpool. Man, do I have some interesting stories to tell you about that. :)
I'm glad you had a good day! Happy B-day!
I am glad you had a Wonderful Day!!! Birthdays are awesome :)
Happy Birthday to you happy birthday to you happy birthday dear Erica happy birthday to you I guess its just the same when we sing it on the computer. But it seems that however we sing it you'll always know its from the heart. Anyways the birthday sounds so fun. Hope we se each other soon.
XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO
lissy
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!
I'm so glad you had such a great day---you definitely deserve it!
I've been on vacation but just wanted to wish you a HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! Sounds like you should blog on my date blog, that was so sweet!! I love surprises more than any gift!
Post a Comment