Anyways...I think we're transitioning well to our new home and have made lots of new really sweet friends here in our new town which I am extremely grateful for, but it takes time to become really close to others which I know doesn't happen instantly and so lately I've been complaining to Justin about how I miss having a couple that we're best friends with. We have been so lucky that ever since we got married we've always had that one couple that we did everything with (and just happened to live next door to us)! They always called us, we always called them. Every church activity, every weekend, everything we did - we did it together (I guess that's really easy before kids enter the picture)! Well maybe this is just part of growing up and starting a family of your own, but...we still miss that close friendship...so I've been complaining and then today I check my friend Jen's blog...
www.goettman.blogspot.com
Is that not the sweetest?! She made my day! So here's to one of my BFF's Jen! We love you and miss...
the Five Buck pizza nights, the shopping trips, building furniture together (crib), discarding furniture together (futon), dying hair together, laughing and crying together, ice creams trips to the Creamery, Costa Azul dinners, borrowing food from one another, saving part of the church pue (sp?) for one another, buying nursing bras together, celebrating finding out what sex our babies were together (fudruckers and pf changs), sharing pregnancy experiences and stories, comparing pregnancy info we were reading, complaining and relating about teaching stuff, watching 24 together, decorating together, going on walks together, the list could go on and on and on...
Thanks for your friendship Dustin and Jen and baby Kate! We miss you guys and will forever cherish the time in our life that we spent with you guys! Luckily, you're only a call or a 6 hour drive away... We love you guys and hold the memories we created (and will continue to create) close to our hearts :)
How could you not include this picture? He, He.


1 comment:
Thank you so much Erica!! Of course your blog made me cry! We did have a lot of good times. We followed you guys from one apartment to another until you moved to Michigan...then we couldn't live in UT without you so we moved too!! Just kidding! You reminded me of lots of fun times we had together. They will be cherished forever. Congratulations on all the accomplishments you guys have had this past year. Your little family is doing great! We'll come visit soon!
Post a Comment