It's hard to believe that my little sister is old enough to graduate high school! I still clearly remember the day back in middle school. It was the middle of December just about a month before I turned 13. After that many years of being an only child I had longed for a sibling - I was thrilled to finally be getting one! (My mom would say otherwise however - I guess a 13 year old middle-schooler must have also had lots of emotions/breakdowns/tears/etc. while trying to adjust to not being the one and only anymore!) Anyways, my mom knew she was having a c-section so that day while I was in gym class sitting on the floor stretching I couldn't help thinking and telling all my friends that my mom was having a baby - like right now! I still remember going to the hospital and seeing her full head of black hair sticking out of the cute little santa stocking they put her in. Now that sweet little baby is 18, graduating high school, and moving on to college!
I didn't want to miss out on this special day in her life so we all drove down to watch her graduation ceremony - which with a graduating class of 550 kids that was no short endeavor! Luckily, the kiddos were champs and behaved better than I could have ever imagined thanks to Aunt Alyssa, grandma and grandpa, snacks, and smartphones of course :)
Here's the hot tamale...
Here are the girls posing with their auntie. They love Aunt Emily - especially because she does five hundred and one different crafts with them. She's always teaching them how to make new bead bracelets or how to knit a scarf or hat.
She's a hard worker and graduated with honors at the top of her class and now has a partial scholarship to college. I can't wait to see what amazing things she does in her future!
The month after she graduated we celebrated with her graduation party. My parents decided to host it at their lake house so we spent the day eating yummy food, playing outside with bubbles and volleyball or sitting by the water, and of course visiting with loved ones. It was a lot of prep and work but I think everyone had fun and hopefully Miss Emmy knows how much we all love and wish the best for her!
The sisters from oldest to youngest...
The table decorations my mom and I made :)
Some of the family...my mom comes from a family of six kids (all of which still life in Michigan) so when there is an event and everyone is able to come there's always a fun crowd :)
My beautiful momma and grandma....
Passing the time until the festivities got underway. The girls can never get enough of the game trouble - lucky for them grandma had a travel size one stashed away that used to be mine when I was little...
More food than we knew what to do with...there was chicken, meatballs, brats, spaghetti, salads galore, bowl and bowls of chips and yummy dips, trays of veggies and fruits and of course desserts! No one ever goes hungry when our family is in charge of food :)
Congrats Emmy - we love you but will miss you dearly while you are away at Eastern - best of luck sista and can't wait to come visit!!!











No comments:
Post a Comment