Home

Wednesday, September 24, 2014

{washington d.c.}

Every year we go to a beach house in North Carolina with all of Justin's family. Since we are driving so far East we always make a pit stop in Washington D.C. where his older brother Jarrod and his family lives. 

This year we surprised the girls with 'Seat Pets' before our long 16 hour car trip (one way!) They were thrilled and swore they wouldn't ask, "How long till we're there?"


Although our visit was short and sweet we were able to pack in lots while we were there! 

My HAVE TO every time we go to D.C. - Cafe Rio! 


Everyone who knows me knows I had died and gone to heaven. Don't worry - I also went and got another one before we left to eat on the car ride ;)


We also tried out Rita's - the best frozen custard I have ever had! It was delicious and I could have probably eaten mine and everyone else's as well!

Based on the kid's expressions you can tell I wasn't the only one who loved it :)


We also surprised the girls while we were there and took them to the American Girl doll store. They took their dolls with them and had so much fun being all googly eyed and admiring all the fun stuff there was for their dolls. Since we had everyone else with us as well we didn't end up eating at the cafe or anything else but each of the girls did come home with a pair of glasses for their dolls :)


They were so sweet and thoughtful and before we even went Addy asked me, "So we're not buying anything while we're there right?" I was so proud of their manners and how polite they were I really wanted to buy them more ;) We'll definitely have to make another trip (probably to the one in Chicago this time) and make it more of an event :)


We also had fun in D.C. enjoying the warm weather at the park, going to the pool, and just being with family. Can't wait till we get to go back :)

No comments: