How do my children keep growing up?!?! And so fast - it makes me sad :( I remember when we first got this job and moved here to Michigan and Brooklyn was a teeny tiny 3 week old! I used to look around at other people I met who had children in school and think that that time for me was SO FAR off - and now I'm one of them - it came way quicker than I ever anticipated.
Lucky for me (and my kids) we have had the most amazing school experiences so far. I was a teacher before and was in the schools a lot and knew a lot of teachers but the ones we have had thus far have really blown my mind. From preschool to kindergarten and now first grade - I'm not sure if it can get any better. The sweet ladies who I have entrusted with the care of my baby during those school time hours have been beyond amazing and have definitely made letting them go much easier for me.
I have been a room mom the last couple of years thanks to some excellent friends who do it with me and make the job not so daunting. This year's end of the year party was a progressive one where we got to rotate between three different student's houses who live close to the school.
The kids had lots of fun eating a yummy lunch at one house, then signing t-shirts and decorating bags at another, and finally finishing it up with dessert and outside games at the last house.
Elle had enough of the fun and settled in for a snooze instead. Who finally got her to fall asleep in the stroller? Brooklyn's teacher of course!
This lady is great and made Brooklyn's first grade year truly perfect. We're just crossing our fingers Addison will get her too :)

No comments:
Post a Comment